We understand that dental emergencies can be very frightening and stressful. We are here to ease your stress and get you treated promptly to reduce pain and have the best chance at saving your tooth. Your comfort, health, and peace of mind are our greatest priorities. If you find yourself in a dental emergency in Central Florida, call our team today to schedule your visit! We’ll work to fit you into our schedule as soon as possible. The following tips can help you know what to do in a dental emergency. If you have any questions, please let us know!
Steps For Knocked-Out Teeth:
Immediately call our office
- Get to our office as soon as possible.
- Pick up the tooth by the crown (so you don’t damage the nerves), and rinse it under water. Do not touch the root.
- If the tooth cannot be placed back into the mouth, place it in a dental solution (available at pharmacies) or a glass of milk. It is important not to let the tooth dry out.
- If possible, place it back into its socket. If not, tuck it into the cheek pouch.
Steps For Lost Fillings Or Crowns:
- Clean the crown, and cement it into place using dental cement (found at pharmacies)
- Apply clove oil to the tooth to alleviate pain
- If the crown is lost, apply dental cement to the tooth to alleviate pain
- Make a dental appointment as soon as possible
- Do not use any kind of glue to affix the crown
Steps For A Cracked Or Broken Tooth:
- Take a topical pain reliever
- Rinse the tooth fragment and the mouth under lukewarm water
- Cover the area with over-the-counter dental cement if you are not able to see us immediately
- Apply gauze to the area for ten minutes if it is bleeding
- Place a cold, damp towel to the cheek to alleviate swelling and pain